Ok, so now that Little Man is finally not sick, I came down with the icky crud. The few days in the middle of this week I felt pretty nasty. So I did pretty much nothing worth blogging about in terms of cooking or crafting.
But I didn’t want to leave you all hanging again for so long, so I’m going to tell you what I did accomplish. And what I didn’t. So I’m going to come up with 10 things I accomplished this week along with 10 things I meant to accomplish but didn’t.
1. Geez, this is harder than I expected.
1. (For real) Kept the kitchen clean all week. This is impressive because usually when I’m sick the kitchen doesn’t stay very clean. I can’t take all the credit for this because my husband does a lot of dishes, too. But I still am going to count it as one of my things.
Not accomplished: Laundry. I have at least 5 loads that I really need to do.
2. Uuhh…. Umm…. Oh, I brought Little Man to the park for the first time. He thought swinging was pretty awesome (so long as I didn’t push him too high) but was totally freaked out by the covered swings and tunnels.
Not accomplished: Remembering to take meat out of the freezer to make for dinner any day this week. We had a lot of pasta.
3. Went grocery shopping. Ok, so I go grocery shopping every week, but it always feels like an accomplishment to get through it with an (almost) 11 month old and still use all the right coupons and keep it in the budget. So I’m counting it on my list.
Not accomplished: Sweeping the floor often enough. I need a dog.
4. Ordered 2 Mommy Necklaces from Baby Half Off. If you’re not familiar with either of these companies and you’re the mother of a baby, check them out! I own one Mommy Necklace already and I love, love, LOVE it. Seriously. Great. And I hadn’t heard about Baby Half Off before until they featured Mommy Necklaces, but they’re awesome! Every day they have a deal for baby/mother items for half off the retail price. It’s so cool!
Not accomplished: finishing any of the half a dozen crafts sitting in my craft room.
5. Remembering that today is my grandpa’s birthday.
Not accomplished: remembering before yesterday. Or making a card. Or calling him… yet. And apparently he’s having eye surgery today. Who did I find out from? My sister. Who found out from my mom. My grandma doesn’t tell us anything.
6. Taking adorable pictures of Little Man. 🙂
Not accomplished: cleaning the bathroom.
7. Breaking the charger for my laptop. I didn’t say they’d all be good accomplishments.
Not accomplished: finding my dumbbells.
8. Eating plenty of chocolate.
Not accomplished: dieting.
9. Ordering invitations for Little Man’s first birthday party! I’m crazy excited about this. The party is going to be EPIC. And it’s just over a month away. So much to do before then!
Not accomplished: finalizing the guest list, menu, list of things I need to buy… sigh.
10. Writing a blog post!
Not accomplished: writing anything that’s interesting… :p