(Blowing the dust off my keyboard. Cracking knuckles. Stretching.)
Ok, here goes.
I know I posted a week ago, but it feels like I’ve barely posted anything lately. I have a few posts in the works, but none are quite ready yet, so I thought I’d just share a little bit about what’s been going on around here. Y’know. 10 random facts.
1. I’ve decided to try mastering the macaron. It’s kind of tricky business. So far they’re tasty, but hollow and often crack. At this point I think it’s likely my oven is possessed and spikes the temperature at times. But I’ll keep trying to see if I can make it work. I’ve made so many macarons in the past couple of weeks. I mean, seriously… Dozens and dozens. If you’re interested, I know what I know about making macarons from several amazing articles from Brave Tart. You should seriously check out her blog. She’s pretty amazing. Ok, but seriously, wouldn’t it be adorable to serve macarons and my sister’s wedding this summer? But I’m not sure if it’s within my reach to actually perfect them by then.
2. Spring has finally arrived in Minnesota. Good gravy, it’s been a long time coming. I think that I suffer a bit from Seasonal Affective Disorder, and while I usually get sick of winter around February, this year the lengthened cold & snow had me feeling depressed. And not like I’m-feeling-a-little-bit-bummed, but in an I’ve-struggled-with-depression-before-and-this-feels-an-awful-lot-like-that kind of way. But now that it’s warmed up and we can spend more time outside, I feel kind of like a new person. Except now the forecast is calling for a possible rain/snow combo on Friday. As in, Friday, MAY FREAKING 3RD. Sigh. Hopefully it only lasts the one day.
3. We’ve been eating lots of meals out on our deck this week. See #2. It’s great. Little Man wants to eat all his meals out there.
4. My craft closet is almost done. Well, the closet part of it is actually finished. What’s not finished is the figuring out exactly the best way to put things in it. But I’m seriously this close to having it done and that is a very exciting thing. And it will be done in the next few days! Then I can post all about it. In fact, it has to be done in a few days because…
5. My mom comes on Friday! Hooray! And since my craft room also doubles as the guest room, it has to be done so she has room for her luggage and such. Sometimes I need deadlines like that to actually finish things. Ok, so it’s really most of the time. But MY MOM IS COMING! This is a big deal, in case you didn’t know. I haven’t seen her in a year. Except over Skype.
6. Little Man has been referring to Hubs and myself as “Daddy McDadderson” and “Mommy McMommerson.” It’s kind of hilarious. And a little bit annoying sometimes. But mostly hilarious.
7. I’ve been doing a new exercise DVD and I think it’s trying to kill me. Seriously, it sent me a very threatening letter. Should I call the cops?
8. I have a recipe that never made it into Filipino Food Month. It’s for Banana Lumpia. This stuff is seriously, seriously good.
It’s full of cinnamon and sugar and deliciousness. I could post it, if you want. 😉 If you don’t mind more Filipino Food recipes.
9. I started making my own ice cream. The first batch was fine, but this second batch I just made is soooo good. It’s inspired by Samoa Girl Scout cookies. How can you go wrong? Maybe I’ll post that recipe, too. It would be a great excuse to make it again. I’m thinking we’ll go through this batch pretty quickly. 😉
b. Given #1, 8, and 9, I should probably keep doing that exercise DVD. (Shhh… It won’t stop staring at me. It looks really angry.) I mean, yeah, this DVD is awesome. (Please send help.)
10. The month of May is going to be full-on insane. I’m pretty sure we already have every weekend booked. Sigh. Ok, let’s be honest, this whole summer is going to be insane. Not in a bad way, but my sister is getting married, so there’s just going to be a lot of related things happening. Can I sleep for a week to prepare? Please? Oh… right… so probably not, then.
If you need me, I’ll be hiding in the corner for the next month or three.