So my last post was about my craft closet. Now, as much as I wish I did, I just don’t have the space in my house to have a dedicated craft room. So my craft room doubles as my guest room. It’s also the smallest bedroom in our house, so we’ve had to come up with space-saving solutions to make it work.
Hello Friends. 🙂
A long time ago I told you we were working on fixing up my craft closet. Well, it’s finally done!
Actually it’s been done for over a month now, but we finished it just before my mom came. My craft room doubles as our guest room and I forgot to take pictures before she got here. And while she was staying with us, she had a bunch of stuff in the room, which made it non-conducive to photograph. 😉
So now it’s time for the big reveal!
Those of you who know me personally know that I’m not exactly the most organized person on the planet. (<–Understatement of the year.) It’s just not built in to my DNA. That might be fine if I were also able to handle being around clutter. But I can’t. I like when things are easy to find and not sitting out everywhere. But it doesn’t come naturally to me. My MO tends to be to not organize things until it gets so bad that my brain is on the verge of exploding and then have a marathon cleaning/organizing session so I can resume normal function.
You do that, too, right?
Yeah, it’s not really an ideal situation.
One step I’ve taken as a preventative measure to brain explosion is to organize my kitchen clutter with mason jars. You know how kitchen ingredients tend to come in a lot of bags and boxes and the like? And then you have to try to store half-used bags of chocolate chips and nuts and open boxes of couscous and baking soda all together in your cupboard and THEN you have to try to find what you need again someday? Well, I just bought a bunch of mason jars and put those ingredients in them instead.
For those of you who don’t know, the husband and I bought a house about 3 1/2 years ago. It was foreclosed and kind of a mess. We’ve done a lot of work on it, all ourselves, and have the main floor pretty close to finished. Someday I should show you pictures of the transformation. It’s pretty impressive, if I do say so myself.
Anyhow, one of the major things that was left unfinished until now was the deck.
When we bought the house, the deck was… well… terrible.
It was large, which is nice. But whoever owned the house before us made some questionable decisions about “renovating” and such, and the deck was one example. It seems that the deck boards were not in the greatest shape, and instead of replacing them, they opted to cover them first with plywood, and then with Astroturf. It was pretty classy.